Sunday 30 March 2014

I'm a little teapot

I'm a little teapot short and stout. Here's my handle, here's
my spout. When I get all steamed up hear me shout. Tip me over and pour me out

You will see that this is a very good looking teapot.

Sandra had it as a gift last Christmas but within the month I had broken the lid. Don't ask.
Despite my best efforts with super glue the lid could not be put back together - unlike my fingers!

We soon established that this particular make of teapot was no longer available. The original came with a solid blue lid - honest.

I scoured the county, all the charity shops in Bromyard, and Tenbury.  I bought two (for the lids). One was too big and one was too red. I continue to keep my eyes peeled...

Last week I struck lucky. I was out to lunch in Clun and parked right outside the hardware store and spotted on display under a thick coat of dust -THE TEAPOT. I went into the shop and bought it.

"No need to wrap it. I only want the lid" I told the shopkeeper. So I put it in the back of the car - not on the seat but on the floor and drove home.

On arriving home I opened the back door, the lid fell to the ground and the knob broke off.

I guess I'm lucky in love because this time the super glue seems to have done the trick

No comments:

Post a Comment