Friday 27 December 2013

Christian Charity and Forgiveness

As a schoolboy years ago I had piano lessons.

It was clear from the outset that I would never be a concert performer but I do play a little for my own amusement.

This year, in addition to my annual pub performance for Christmas carol singing I was asked to play in church on Christmas Morning.

I'm not familiar with the instrument but quickly discovered that if I rested my feet anywhere then a bass note would play - so the service was spent balancing on my bottom with feet off the ground. Also the temperature was lower than comfortable so with cold hands my normal fluency on the keyboard was less fluent.  - Excuses excuses!

Some bum notes were played.

We got through the service - Hark the Herald, Once in Royal etc etc and on leaving the  Vicar said "thank you very much Brian for playing the organ"

I replied saying I was sorry for the bum notes

He said - "That's alright Brian - We are, after all, in the forgiveness business"

No comments:

Post a Comment