Friday 11 January 2013

Surveys

I read today that some bright spark has been surveying MPs and asked them if they are paid a sufficient salary for their job.

Surprise surprise the survey says.....

"No"  - "We should be paid about £20,000 more" (The Tory ones thought £30,000 more)

Before I retired to the country when I still wore a suit (not boiler) to work I used to think that if my salary matched an MP I was pretty much keeping up with the pace. I failed to appreciate that my expenses (per HMRC) were incurred "wholly necessarily and exclusively" for the purposes of carrying out my work whilst MPs could claim for more or less anything related to staying alive.

I've reflected on this and conducted my own survey as to what I should be paid.

"Brian" I said, "How much do you think you should be paid?"

"Brian" I said "I reckon I would settle for about £100,000"
Then I had a further think and decided I was worth £150,000
Then, on further reflection......

There, that was easy, the survey has been done I've just got to persuade my customers to divi up the necessary.

PS  I have never been a betting man so I can only imagine the odds of a survey concluding  "WE ARE PAID TOO MUCH"


No comments:

Post a Comment